Stakes at the 2013 Dogtooth Dash will be high. After partnering with a major sponsor this year’s individual race will become The Goretex 2013 Continental Ski Mountaineering Championships!
The Dogtooth will be traditionally organized and hosted by the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort near Golden, BC.
If you have never skied at the KHMR then use this chance to race over its amazing terrain and ride the lifts with your friends after.
For only $65.00 you get 2 days of racing, including full day lift tickets!
The Saturday’s individual race will also be the official Canadian Ski Mountaineering Championships, then have fun racing a friendly skimo relay on Sunday.
NA and Canadian bragging rights will be awarded on Saturday for competitors racing the Elite course.
- Race courses: Rec (2000 ft of vertical gain), Enduro (4000 ft), Elite (6000 ft)
- Elite course features: real steep skiing, technical skinning, and multiple bootpacks
- Categories: Men, Women, Juniors, Heavy Metal, Split Board, Poker Run
- Teams of 2, 3 or 4 go head to head on a technical yet fun course.
- One lap takes about 10-15min to complete.
- All based out of the Heavens Door Yurt, mid-mountain.
- Spectator friendly course with BBQ, beer gardens and DJ.