This page compares:
- 23 lightest skis that are suitable for skimo and rando racing, and are currently on the market, heaviest being 830g per ski
- technical specs (weight, side-cut…) are from manufacturers’ websites and other official or confirmed sources
- weight for each ski (not a pair) is based on the shortest available length in that model that complies with the shortest length allowed for men under the 2014/15 sporting rules governed by the International Ski Mountaineering Federation which is currently at 160 cm, and 150 cm for women (PDF of full 2014/15 rules)
- under the ISMF 2014/15 rules lowest legal weight for a ski + binding (half pair) is 750g for men and 700g for women
- price shows a range in US Dollars in which you are most likely to find that product priced within
» Last update on September 16, 2014.
[Complete annual update.]
This page will be updated as new models are released or whenever you suggest a ski in comments below or via email (please include a link).
Also, should you find any mistakes please report them - comments below or via email (include your source’s link).