I didn’t think the second episode of SkinTrack podcast would come so soon but the opportunity was there so why not. Now, after the interview with Melanie Bernier, you can listen to my conversation with the Wasatch Powder Keg race director Chad Brackelsberg. It’s full of great tips for anyone involved (or wanting to be) in the skimo racing community,
Chad is a skimo racer himself but he is mostly known in the rapidly growing skimo community as the guy that puts on one of the best races on the continent.
At the beginning, I provided a preview of the upcoming events in North America, and at the end, I talked about the Canadian Skimo Championships that will be held at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, BC over two days on Mar 21-22, 2013.
This interview is full of great tips but we mainly discussed:
- all about, history included, the upcoming Wasatch Powder Keg skimo race which will be held on March 7-9
- how the Wasatch Citizen Skimo series is growing
- what organizers can do to improve their races
- Chad’s skimo and ultra trail running
- his passion for FKTs in the mountains (fastest known time)
- how he balances training, work, and family
Resources related to this podcast episode:
- Wasatch Powder Keg website – http://wasatchpowderkeg.com/
- Chad’s blog – http://thebrackpack.com/
- Couple of times we referred to my interview with Melanie Bernier from 10 days ago
Thank you for listening and leave a comment below with ideas how these episodes could be improved.
Leave a Reply