Things related to gear reviews.
“Suitability” – our opinion
Gear or products are always manufactured with certain use(r) in mind, however, some times there might be better uses for them.
The “suitability” notice in our reviews is our own opinion of what we think that gear is best used for.
“How we got it” disclosure
We want to be up front with Skintrack readers on how we got the gear we test and review. We find that there are too many bias reviews these days whether that be online or in print.
Here are the different disclosure statements you can find in our reviews:
- Paid full price (we bought it in a store like anyone else)
- Bought through a pro-deal (we bought it through a professional discount rate a store or a brand provided us)
- Given to test and keep (we were given the item to test it and do whatever we want with it afterwards)
- Provided to test and return (we were provided with the item for some time to test it, then return it)
- Given for a contest / giveaway (the item was for a contest or a giveaway but we decided to test it as well)
- Given for free (item was given to us either by a store or a brand)
- Gift from friends or family (item was a gift for a birth-day, Christmas, wedding, divorce…)