Last winter the Tiki Torch Dash was an opening event of a new racing season and proved to be lots of fun.
This time around the date has been moved from December to January to give everyone some time to get their legs ready.
The Tiki Torch Dash is a great night event that is especially suited for starting skimo racers or anyone that just wants to have little competitive fun with friends.
Ski late into the night, have a tasty dinner, then head for the pub 😉
Two events (+ dinner) in one entry fee
The main event consists of four laps, each including a 600 ft climb and a 600 ft descent. It can be raced solo or as a two person team alternating after each lap.
a 600 ft climb and a descent
The King of the Hill Climb
The King of the Hill Climb is set to start after the main relay race. This event is a solo challenge for Ski Mountaineering Competition of Canada points (SMCC) and involves a climb from the Kicking Horse Plaza to the top of the Pioneer Chair.
Tiki Torch Dash facts:
- date – Saturday Jan 15, 2011
- location – Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Golden BC
- very friendly atmosphere
- registration – early bird (before Jan 14th) is $31, and $40 on race day
- both are night events – headlamps are mandatory
- bring also beacon, shovel, probe, helmet (bike helmet is OK)
- everyone is welcome – skimo gear, tele, split-boards, snowshoes
- prizes for costumes as well as fast times
- complimentary dinner
Tiki Torch Dash schedule:
- 2.00pm – 4.30pm: Last min registration at Day Lodge
- 5.30pm: Tiki Torch Dash start (main event) at Plaza
- 7.00pm: Hill climb start (solo) at Plaza
- After: awards and dinner